When stuck in a financial crisis, the last resort for many people has been requesting loans from banks despite their high interest rates. However, with the introduction of several mobile loan providers in the country, you can quickly and instantly get emergency credit at low interest. One of such platforms that eliminate the need to reach out to lending institutions is the Branch app.
Branch loan is a product of Branch International. To access any credit from the financial institution, you must have their mobile application which is freely available from different app stores. So, how can you install Branch app on your mobile phone or even your PC/laptop?
Branch Android app
Android OS is based on a modified Linux Kernel version and was developed by Google. It is an open source software, and that’s why most smartphones and tablets today operate on it. Other than smartphones, the OS is also used in watches, smart TVs and Auto cars. The Branch app download procedure for Android is the simplest compared to IOs and Windows OS.
READ ALSO: Branch loan application, interest rates and repayment
How to download Branch app for Android
Below is a complete guide on how you can download the loan app from trusted pages. No coding or any technical knowledge is needed here.
- Make sure you have not restricted background data. If you are connected to any Wi-Fi network start with step number 2. Data users, make sure you have unblocked the option the processes will be operating on the background. If you deny them access to data, you won’t be able to download the app. To cab data usage without restricting background data, go to your task manager and stop useless applications that are consuming your bundles.
- Next, open Google Play Store.
- Search for “Branch”: Use the search box available in the uppermost part of your screen. Key in your keyword and press the search button. Wait for a few seconds for the results to be processed. Once you locate the app, click on it so that it opens.
- Click on the “install” button. A popup message will appear prompting you to accept the app’s permission. Click on the “Accept” button.
Your download will start automatically after a few microseconds. Wait for about a minute or so depending on your connection speed so that the app can be downloaded. Note that you don’t have to install it yourself; Google will do it for you! It is wise to wait until it is fully installed before exiting so that you can be able to notice any errors as the process continues.
If you can’t access Google Play Store, make use of other trusted Android app stores like Apkmirror, Apksfree, and uptown to download Branch.
READ ALSO: Metropolitan Sacco products, loans, dividends, contacts
How to update Branch app for Android
Occasionally, Branch may add new features to enhance its security and speed. These features are essential as they fix bugs. Use the following steps to update your app.
- Allow background data and open your Play Store app.
- Open the application menu. Click on the three dashes on the top left side, a menu with numerous options will appear. Move to the next step.
- Tap “My apps & games”. This is usually the second option in the menu after “Home.” Give it some time as it automatically scans your device to determine which application need to be updated. After the scan is complete, scroll down until you see Branch application. If you don’t see it, then this means that it is up-to-date so exit Play store.
- Tap the “Update” option. If you want to update, press it so that it opens in a new window. Tap the update button and wait as it downloads the updated parts.
If you downloaded from other third-party stores, open your browser and go to their website to check for updates. You must know the version number of your current application. For example, you may have Branch version 3.0.1, and then once you go to any of those application stores, you find out that the latest version is 3.0.2.
Branch app on iPhone
iPhone nowadays is less synonymous with “Smartphone.” This is because it stands out from other mobile phones like Samsung and so on. It offers a sleek, user-friendly design with the fastest browsing speeds ever. Downloading an app on iOS can be challenging at times. However, with the guide below, it’s a piece of cake.
How to download Branch app for iPhone
If you are currently using iPhone X, XS, XS Max, XR, 8, 8 plus, 7, 7 plus, SE, 6, 6 plus, 6s, 6s plus, and 5s models, follow the procedure below:
- Launch App Store from the Home Screen: Make sure that you are signed in with your Apple ID. If not, register for one; otherwise, you won’t be able to download.
- Click on “Apps” option at the bottom of your screen. A list of categories will be displayed, choose the appropriate one. Alternatively, you can use the bottom search button to locate it in the Apple Store quickly. Type “Branch” on the search box.
- Tap on it. Once you see it, click on it so that it opens on a new page.
- Click on the “Get” button and then the “Install” option. The app is available for free, so you don’t need any funds to purchase it.
- Authenticate the installation. Tap on the side button twice then look at your screen. You will see an option that clears the download.
- Sign in with iTunes to complete your download. If you don’t have an iTunes account sign up for one.
How to update Branch app on iOS
Having the latest application on your iPhone is always a bonus. However, notification of updates can periodically irritate you. Despite this, installing them benefits you. Here is how you can update your app:
- Launch the App Store.
- Click on “Updates” icon: The icon is visible on the bottom right side of your iPhone’s screen.
- Update the app: Scroll down until you see Branch application. Tap on its update button.
- Enter your iPhone password: You will be prompted to enter your phone’s password before your download can start. Do so and wait for some few minutes.
READ ALSO: Hazina Sacco, dividends, loan application, branches, contacts
Branch app on Windows phone
Microsoft developed Windows Phone (WP) for smartphones. It uses a new interface that is derived from the Metro design language. This means that Android or iOS applications cannot be installed on the phone. So, how can you install Branch app for Windows phone?
- Go to the Market place: Scroll down from your Start screen till you see the option.
- Click on “application”: A new window with many categories of WP will be displayed.
- Tap on the “Search” button and type Branch and wait for a few seconds for the search results.
- Click on Branch’s icon.
- Tap “Install”: You can easily see the option at the bottom of your WP screen. The application is free, so you don’t need to fill in your details or set up an account.
- Confirm the installation: The phone will remind you of the name and the publisher. Tap “OK” to start the download. Your WP will start the installation. You can exit and do other tasks on your phone as you periodically check the progress.
Once it is installed, you will find it on your homepage. You can pin it on the start menu or drag and drop it to a suitable place where you can access it quickly.
Branch app on PC
You can quickly run Android apps on your laptop/Windows desktop by using emulators. This software creates an environment that can allow you to install an Android application from Google Play Store. Here is how you can enjoy Branch application on big screens.
- Install your Android emulator: We recommend Bluestacks or Nox Player. You can easily download them from their official websites.
- Run the emulator: Right click on it and tap on the open option.
- Download Branch from Play Store: Use the procedure for installing Branch app on Android. Also for updates use the same process since the emulator operates on Android OS.
How to get instant Branch app loans
Now, you have successfully installed Branch loan application, so how do you apply for a quick loan? How do you check your loan limit? Don’t worry because we got you covered.
Before getting a loan, you must have an active Facebook account, a Safaricom mobile number, and a National ID/ Passport.
- Open the app: This should be the first step. Make sure your Wi-Fi or data connection is on.
- Use your genuine and official Facebook account to log in/register: Branch only allows one account per customer. Branch will fetch your Facebook profile.
- Fill out the loan form: After you fill all the fields, submit for review. Wait for a few seconds as your application is being reviewed.
- Apply for a loan: Wait for about two hours before applying for a loan. You will be given a loan limit depending on the data collected on your phone and other factors.
Branch application collects information such as Mpesa logs, GPS data, call logs, contact links, and SMS logs.
READ ALSO: Loan apps in Kenya
How to repay Branch loan app
You can quickly pay your credit through Lipa na Mpesa menu on any mobile phone. Follow the steps below to pay any outstanding loan accurately.
- Open your SIM toolkit.
- Go to Mpesa and choose the “Paybill” option.
- Use the paybill number 998608.
- Enter the phone number of the sim card you used to borrow the loan as the account number.
- Enter the amount owed plus any interests accumulated. Check the amount due using their mobile application. Also, you can pay in small bits until you finally clear the loan provided that you pay on time.
- Enter your Mpesa pin and press the OK button.
- Confirm the transaction.
- If the payment was successful, you will receive a confirmation message.
Click on “My loan” button from the menu to check all your payment details. All your installments, amount due and due dates are also shown on that page.
Branch app contacts
Physical location: Chiromo Road, Westlands, Nairobi
Phone number: 0727643092
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official website: branch.co.ke
Facebook handle: branchkenya
Twitter handle: @branch co
Visit Branch Kenya offices as from 9.00am in the morning to 5.00pm in the evening from Monday to Friday to get your issues sorted. You can also reach out to customer care representatives on your branch loan application through the following procedure.
- Open your Branch loan application.
- Click on the application menu icon and scroll down.
- You will see a “Customer Care” option just below “Loan History.” Tap it, and a new page will be opened.
- Type in your complaint, feedback or queries then send. Customer cares will respond in a few seconds to your text.
Undoubtedly, Branch loan app is the best mobile lender in the country. It gives its customers a chance to earn extra cash through affiliate promotion. Moreover, the app is periodically updated to fix bugs. This has improved the user experience over time. To enjoy all these benefits, install Branch app on your mobile phone today.
READ ALSO: List of Small Loans in Kenya 2018