We are pleased to unveil a completely redesigned New York Times app for your iPad. To get the new version, go to the App Store and download it. Tap here and then hit the “GET” button.
The new app features:
• Better performance, greater stability and more efficient downloads
• A better organized and more lively Top Stories home screen that showcases the full depth of Times reporting, including views from our Opinion writers and trending stories
• A cleaner article experience with bigger photos, 360 videos, and more graphics
• Links at the bottom of articles to related coverage so you can dive deep into subjects that interest you
• Sections are more visual. Swipe left to right to get from section to section
We have also preserved popular features such as breaking news notifications, offline reading and an easy-to-navigate section list.
How do I download it?
Delete the existing NYTimes app from your iPad. Tap here and then hit the “GET” button. You will automatically be signed in if you were logged in on the previous app. If not, you can log in by navigating to settings.
What happens to the old app?
The old app will eventually be decommissioned, and we will be asking all our readers to shift to the new app.
Why do I have to download another app?
The new app is what Apple refers to as a “universal” application – meaning we will now maintain a single package of code for all iOS devices. This will allow our team to ship features and address bug reports more quickly for iPad and iPhone users.
What if I have more questions?
We are eager to hear your feedback and answer your questions. Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Continue reading the main story