Home / PC & Laptops / Laptop Starts Blaze In Herndon: Fire Department – Patch.com

Laptop Starts Blaze In Herndon: Fire Department – Patch.com

HERNDON, VA—A laptop computer was the source of a fire at a Herndon home Monday, according to the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department.

Around 12:58 p.m., units responded to the 13100 block of Weather Vane Way, finding smoke coming from the roof and fire in the rear second-floor window. Firefighters quickly located the fire in a bedroom and extinguished it. There were no injuries.

One person was home when the fire occurred. The resident woke to the smell of smoke and a crackling noise, discovering the fire on top of the mattress. She evacuated and called 911.

Fire damage, an estimated $93,750, had been contained to the bedroom. The cause of the fire was a malfunctioning laptop.

Three adults were displaced after the fire. Red Cross assistance was declined.

Image via Fairfax County Fire and Rescue

Get the Herndon newsletter

Subscribe


Source link

About admin

Check Also

Con man hoodwinks east principal, steals laptop and cellphones – Pretoria East Rekord

Principal of Capricorn Day Care, Josina Modimola. Photo: Stephen Selaluke Local pre-school in Extension 17, …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *